What is a Batch Spending?

Satko

Administrator
Staff member

Batch transactions throughout the day to save on transaction fees​

Make one large batch transaction instead of multiple small transactions​

Batching transactions is a good way of keeping miner fees in check. Samourai is the only mobile wallet to offer this functionality

Compose a single transaction that contains many unrelated transactions and save up to 30% on your miner fee.

The Batch Spending feature allows users to combine (or batch) multiple unrelated spends into one single transaction that gets broadcasted to the network. The benefit to creating these combined transactions is much lower overall fees and more efficient use of blockchain space.

Is it for me?​

The batch spend feature is useful for anyone who needs to send bitcoin to more than one other party in a given time frame. For example, if I want to pay both Alice and Bob, it would make more sense for me to use Batch Spend and pay them both at the same time for 1 transaction fee instead of initiating two separate transactions and paying both transaction fees.

How to make a batch spend​

Making a batch spend is straightforward and much like making a normal spend. Follow the instructions for making a batch spend that can be found here

Last edited:
  • :)
  • ;)
  • :(
  • :mad:
  • :confused:
  • :cool:
  • :p
  • :D
  • :eek:
  • :oops:
  • :rolleyes: